Xamarin ios DuplicateIdentifier debug problem

Hi,
I got a problem. I cannot upload my application to the device to check it or debug. Error I get is:
DuplicateIdentifier: Found bundle at /private/var/installd/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.fbbOLm/extracted/DEIMIC.iOS.app/Frameworks/Xamarin.framework with the same identifier (xamarin.ios.xamarin-framework) as bundle at /private/var/installd/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.fbbOLm/extracted/DEIMIC.iOS.app/Frameworks/Xamarin-debug.framework

Tried deleting bin/obj directories, but it doesn't help.

What is interesting I can create IPA file and upload it to the Appstore and download it using TestFlight, but my today extensions doesn't work. I think it is connected to this error: https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/526872/xamarin-ios-duplicateidentifier-attempting-to-debu.html

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks.

Answers

• LucasZhangLucasZhang Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

What are the version of VS and Xcode ?

• AleksanderDejewskiAleksanderDejewski USMember ✭✭

I tried a few:

• VS for Mac(8.1)
    • VS 2019(Windows)
    • VS 2017(Windows)

XCode version is 10.2.1

All give same error.

• LucasZhangLucasZhang Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Can you confirm that your app extension project does not use the same bundle ID as your main app project?

• AleksanderDejewskiAleksanderDejewski USMember ✭✭

Yeah, all identifiers are different.

After all I managed to fix it by removing today extension and adding it one more time. No idea what was wrong. Probably some garbage in my today extensions configuration.