How to downgrade a package on Visual Studio Mac?

batmacibatmaci DEMember ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 22 in Visual Studio

I couldn't find a way to downgrade package using VS Mac for a solution? there is this Nuget extensions plugin but it also doesn't have any option for it. there is only remove and add again option as you can see in the image.

I would like to know if there is a way like VS 2019 windows without using Command line

Answers

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

See the dropdown with the version 4.1.3?
    Pick a lower version.

• batmacibatmaci DEMember ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe that at the time, I wrote that question, there was no option to install. So even if I was able to choose lower version, there was no "install" button but only "remove package". Anyhow latest VS4Mac update includes an enhanced version of Nuget package manager looks similar to VS 2019 Windows. So it shall solve the problem.

• mattwardmattward GBMember Xamurai

The new Manage NuGet packages dialog in VS Mac 8.1 is based on the one available from the NuGet extensions addin. It does not allow you to install a different version from the Installed tab. I am aware of this limitation but it has not been addressed. Right now you would need to use the Browse tab, find the package and select a different version from the drop down.

@mattward ah yes, I double checked and problem is still there. you cannot simply install another version without removing and reinstalling a package. is there already a ticket for this issue? it will be nice to have feature.

There is no public issue for this. There is an internal ticket for this problem.
    There are other workarounds, such as using the Browse window, you should not need to uninstall and then install it again. Just select a different version. Unless there is some problem with dependencies.
    Also you can use the NuGet Package Console window and the Update-Package PackageId -Version OldVersion to update all projects to a specific version.
    But neither are as good as how Visual Studio on Windows works, where you can install a different version from its Installed tab.

that's fine but also there is no overview of which projects has the nuget installed like on windows. if we can get this feature also, it is pretty useful. otherwise we need to expand each project and check if it has package installed and which version. On windows you can see simply on nuget manager which projects which versions installed

Currently we only show the package/project overview on the Consolidate tab. Due to time constraints for the 8.3 release we did not do many UI changes with the dialog. I was hoping to have VS Mac more consistent with VS Windows here but it seems that will have to wait for a later release.