Forum Xamarin.iOS
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Simulator not asking for fingerprint with SecKeyChain

Palo_spPalo_sp Member ✭✭
edited May 2019 in Xamarin.iOS

Hi.. I am trying to use this sample with simulator. Problem is that when I want to read saved value from keychain simulator is not asking for fingerprnt.. While in real device I need to touch my finger to sensor. I want to have same dialog window also in simulator.. is there way how to do it?

I know there is "This sample does not support simulator." But everything works fine.. except this dialog. Is there way how to change this code.. or set simulator to show this kind of dialog windows?

Answers

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited May 2019

Touch ID is not supported on Xamarin.iOS simulator yet.

You can simulator touch id on Xcode simulator.

The Touch ID function button is gray(not supported )

• Palo_spPalo_sp Member ✭✭

I'm using Xcode simulator and I know I can use it with Hardware>Simulate Finger Touch. But my problem is there is no dialog window which ask for finger touch when I'm using Simulator. With real device there is this dialog:

With simulator it pass this dialog and automatically show what is in keychain. And I want to show same dialog also in Simulator.