ASP.NET Directory

agenoreagenore ITMember

Hi,
I have been installed Xamarin Studio 4.0 on a Windows XP and I'm looking for to migrate a ASP.NET Web Services. First problem .... I don't find 'ASP.NET directory' (look the picture ASP.NET).
Well ... I have been created 'App_Code' directory as simple directory.
Under App_Code I have been created another directory whose contained is a vb file with a public class definition (Database).
In App_Code I put a vb files with 'Imports Database'clausole
When I build the project I have this error ....
Warning BC40056: Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'Classes.Database' doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the imported element name doesn't use any aliases'
look 'schema.png'
where am I wrong?

Thanks to all

Best Answer

• mhutchmhutch US Xamurai
    edited February 2013 Accepted Answer

Note - VB is not well supported in Xamarin Studio. I would strongly recommend using C#.

Xamarin Studio supports "Web App" projects and compilation, not "Web Sites". So for a start you probably don't want an App_Code directory, since that's specific to the Web Site model. Secondly, make sure all your vb files have the "Compile" build action.

Answers

• mhutchmhutch USMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited February 2013 Accepted Answer

Note - VB is not well supported in Xamarin Studio. I would strongly recommend using C#.

Xamarin Studio supports "Web App" projects and compilation, not "Web Sites". So for a start you probably don't want an App_Code directory, since that's specific to the Web Site model. Secondly, make sure all your vb files have the "Compile" build action.