Anyone else getting Visual Studio lock ups?

nick5454nick5454 USUniversity ✭✭✭

So I get Visual Studio freezing for 5+ minutes at a time and I restart aVS about 15 times a day. I get this when using the iOS Simulator. Using a real Android device is better, but deploys take forever.

Anyone else experiencing this and did you do anything to help it?

Answers

• requenaxiirequenaxii USMember ✭✭
    edited May 15

Same issue here with Visual Studio for Mac 2019. It's quite annoying and makes it unusable, it get freeze time to time while typing and I need to force quit the IDE to fix the issue. any clue how to fix definitely this issue?

EDIT: Attached IDE log + VS Info.

• nick5454nick5454 USUniversity ✭✭✭

So here's a thread to VS issue https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/comments/565120/view.html

I have found on an Android device I'm ok for a little while. IOS simulator, screwed. I get 1 maybe 2 builds and I have to restart VS. If i don't it freezes and I believe this is because a socket is corrupted and it's waiting for a long timeout.

Either way I restart VS 30 times a day, My PC 5-10, and the Mac 5-10 times a day. It's life in hell, especially when you have a build that needs to get out and a 30 minute change expands into 3 hours because VS got so fragile. I installed community on Mac, so when it craps out I just switch onto the Mac to avoid the crashes.

I installed to update Monday and it's a little better, like .05% @requenaxii

• PhilipJohnPhilipJohn USMember ✭✭

I started noticing that the performance of VS on my MacBook Pro was deteriorating last week. I was having to force quit regularly as it would lock up. I thought maybe the MacBook was showing its age, so today I installed the latest version of everything on a Mac Mini that I have. Same problem. VS for Mac just keeps freezing. I've had to force quit several times.