Why xamarin Certification question

MeteMete Member ✭✭

All question that I have just answered does not relate any project that I have done with xamarin over 2 years. This is bogus and shitty.
And now certification does not even mean shit. Nice one MS

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mete said:
    All question that I have just answered does not relate any project that I have done with xamarin over 2 years. This is bogus and shitty.
    And now certification does not even mean shit. Nice one MS

I completed all the coursework and took the exams recently. I found that the content of the exams was broadly covered by the prerequisite courses. I have been told that the certifications will be migrated to the new platform and so we will have the equivalent certifications.

• MarkSmith.8123MarkSmith.8123 USXamarin Team, University, XamUProfessors Xamurai

Hi @Mete --

The exam covers material presented in the required courses, not specific projects. The point of certification was to show you learned the material. You can download the certificate until June 30th from your profile in XamU to show that you did the coursework and passed the exam.

There is no equivalent moving forward - all certifications being created today are oriented towards roles with a view towards end-to-end development. Mobile would be a piece of the required knowledge but any future exams wouldn't be solely focused on mobile or Xamarin. Microsoft Learn is the future of free training at Microsoft, but certification is and will remain separate. So unlike XamU, it's not coupled together or required.

XamU was a bit unique in that sense and was a legacy of the acquisition vs. something Microsoft pursued. Now we're folding into the official training and certification model. That in no way diminishes the work or effort of getting certified through Xamarin University itself - particularly since there won't be a focused exam moving forward. People who earned the certifications and have their certificate proof likely have an advantage. Of course, having a portfolio of apps is very useful as well!

Best,
    mark