Push Notification Arrival

I am assuming that each platform OS is the actual recipient of a notification and subsequently relays the notification to an application which has registered with the OS. Is that correct, or is the app actually registering with the hub and is directly sent the notification?

If the former, is there a simple way to determine if the OS has actually received the notification, especially on iOS? Is there a specific OS log which would record non-delivery to the app?

Answers

• Sumit_SharmaSumit_Sharma USMember ✭✭✭

I believe

the app actually registering with the hub and is directly sent the notification

Because for each different app in iOS when you register for a Remote Notifications, a different notification token is generated.

Is there a specific OS log which would record non-delivery to the app?

I have used pushsharp for sending notification to iOS devices, when a notification is sent to device it provide status that it has been sent, for delivery of notification to the device I do not know anything. :disappointed:

• alaskanroguealaskanrogue USMember ✭✭✭

Thanks. I am using a server in Azure to push via its Notification Hub. I know from the result returned to me that APNS has successfully received the notification because I get a tracking number. When I was in earlier stages of developing the server, I would get error messages returned.

I am currently using a modified profile that Apple provided to do a diagnostic analysis of activity on the iPhone I am using after the push attempt which I am submitting to them. They say that the notification is being received, but my DidReceiveRemoteNotification override is not being called. I have scan the analysis results for the tracking number, but have not found a file containing it.