ADB0000: Could not determine the installation path for package

ImKhanImKhan Member ✭✭

This is constant problem when i manually uninstall application and when i build again i get this error.
ADB0000: Could not determine the installation path for package (Project Name). adb shell pm path (Project Name) returned ''.
my phone device is Honor P20. Every time i have to go to tools and then android then Android ADB Command prompt then i uninstall adb then only it will build

can anyone please tell me what is the problem?

Answers

• ZaneCampbellZaneCampbell USMember ✭✭

@ImKhan can you explain what you mean by "uninstall adb"? This is happening to me on my Huawei P30 Pro and I've tried adb shell pm uninstall -k packagename, adb shell pm path packagename, and adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.UNINSTALL_PACKAGE -d "package:packagename" and none of these options allow me to build. I still get the same error.

• ZaneCampbellZaneCampbell USMember ✭✭
    edited June 14

Alright, I got it to work by running adb shell dumpsys package packagename which gave me a list of the packages installed per user on the device. I was then able to run adb shell pm uninstall --user 10 packagename to uninstall the app for User 10. It seems that the issue is that I have multiple user profiles on the device, but when you manually uninstall an app from one user it does not uninstall it for the other.