Help shape the future of training

RobGibbensMicrosoftRobGibbensMicrosoft Member, Xamarin Team, University mod

At the end of this month Xamarin University will deliver our last live class, but we're not going away! Xamarin University, including all of the curriculum developers, staff, and trainers that have built XamU over the last few years are moving over to Microsoft Learn. XamU's Xamarin.Forms content will be live on the Microsoft Learn platform in the first week or so of May, 2019, and we're currently planning what our free instructor-led training experience will be. We need your help though. Over the last five years, we have had the privilege of training thousands of students, and we want to hear from you and your experiences.

Help us shape the future of training as part of Microsoft Learn. Please take a few minutes to fill out our short developer training survey.

https://aka.ms/MsLearnLiveSurvey

Thanks,
Rob Gibbens
Manager, Xamarin University

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod

Done :-)

• Quico20Quico20 USMember ✭✭
    edited May 2

Whats gonna happen to Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.IOS classes??? I mean you only mention Xamarin.Forms but what about the Xamarin.IOS and Xamarin.Androin Classes most of those clases were self-guided and you updated the content and made them video courses I cannot longer take them unless I buy a subscription when are you gonna make those course available???

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@Quico20 said:
    Whats gonna happen to Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.IOS classes??? I mean you only mention Xamarin.Forms but what about the Xamarin.IOS and Xamarin.Androin Classes most of those clases were self-guided and you updated the content and made them video courses I cannot longer take them unless I buy a subscription when are you gonna make those course available???

I dont work for Xamarin, but those courses are free.

@JohnH said:

@Quico20 said:

@JohnH I cant take the Xamarin.Android Courses or Xamarin.IOS it ask me to upgrade subscription level, they used to be as self-guided courses and now they are as video courses but I cant access to any course. Look:

@RobGibbensMicrosoft excuse me sir, when are you gonna make Xamarin.Android and Xamarin.IOS available for everyone?? it stills ask me to buy a susbcription.

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@Quico20 said:

@JohnH said:

@Quico20 said:

@JohnH I cant take the Xamarin.Android Courses or Xamarin.IOS it ask me to upgrade subscription level, they used to be as self-guided courses and now they are as video courses but I cant access to any course. Look:

There is still the video link at the bottom of that page, does that not work?

The live instructor lead courses required a subscription, but most courses are still self guided. The instructor lead courses have now been discontinued of course, so signing up would be pointless.
    Everything is moving into MS Learn. Which is free as well.

@JohnH No John, it doesnt work at all, it open a blank page. It allows me to download the code at the code link, but the video, isnt shown, it doesnt show the link, is anyone from Xamarin staff able to answer my doubt???

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

Same for me. Videos button wants an upgrades subscription.

• RobGibbensMicrosoftRobGibbensMicrosoft Member, Xamarin Team, University mod
    That’s a bug. The videos should still work. I’ll look into it. Sorry about that.
  • MarkSmith.8123MarkSmith.8123 USXamarin Team, University, XamUProfessors Xamurai
    edited May 8

Just to close this out - once the XamU portal goes away, all the courses not transitioning over to Learn will be in video form on YouTube in the https://youtube.com/xamarinuniversity channel. Everyone will be able to watch them for free. We are planning on building new content for Learn vs. trying to migrate content in a different format.

@MarkSmith.8123 @RobGibbensMicrosoft I think that Microsoft should create new certification for Xamarin.Android, Forms and iOS. at least at MCSA level to complement MCSD App Builder certification that only consider UWP and ASP.NET