How to fix System.ArgumentNullException : Value cannot be null. Parameter name: key?

mtothegmtotheg Member ✭✭

Environment: MAC 10.14.4
Visual Studio: 8.0.1 (build 1)
Xcode: 10.2
Xamarin.UITest: 2.2.7
Nunit: 3.11.0

After the latest update of Visual Studio we encountered multiple issues regarding iOS simulator tests. After some configuration we narrowed down the issue to "System.ArgumentNullException : Value cannot be null. Parameter name: key".

On the start of a test the test almost immediately fails in the ConfigureApp section.
My code looks like this:

if (Platform == Platform.iOS) { app = ConfigureApp .iOS .AppBundle(GlobalParameters.appPath) .StartApp(AppDataMode.Clear); Thread.Sleep(2000); }

If I start the tests in debug and check the variables I use, I can see that they are properly set. Even stepping into "app = ConfigureApp" does not really gives me anything to go on.

Did someone already encounter this behaviour or has a tipp how to get the necessary information?

Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Answers

• HortinzHortinz GBMember ✭✭

Did you get this working? I struggle so much with Xamarin UI Test, it's always a surprise when it works

• mtothegmtotheg Member ✭✭

Yes, we were able to fix the problem. However we basically updated the xamarin framework and changed to a higher Nunit version (3.12). Just so you know, Xamarin Support will always tell you to downgrade to Nunit 2.6 however, I never had issues regarding this.

But i know what you mean, we also have massive issues everytime a new update is released. Currently we have issues with the connection from the Xamarin.UITest framework to the application. So far no answer to that.