Fullscreen ActivityIndicator

Hikari91Hikari91 ITMember ✭✭✭

Hi,
I have an application with a MasterDetailPage.
I use a NavigationPage inside the MasterDetailPage.Detail.
I use an ActivityIndicator to block the user interaction.

If I open a page inside the MasterDetailPage the loading not cover the whole screen but the navigation bar is still "tappable".

How can I fix this?

Answers

• AlessandroCaliaroAlessandroCaliaro ITMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you using XF ActivityIndicator? Have you tried ACR UserDialogs "Loading"?

• Hikari91Hikari91 ITMember ✭✭✭

@AlessandroCaliaro said:
    Are you using XF ActivityIndicator? Have you tried ACR UserDialogs "Loading"?

Hi,
    I'm using XF ActivityIndicator and I can't install 3rd party plugins :(

I don't know how XF ActivityIndicator works… I think you could visualize a StackLayout that fills the entire display.. which has its ActivityIndicator so you see the activityindicator but the StackLayout does not permit to touch other controls. Otherwise copy ACR Userdialog source code inside your project and use it without install the nuget

@AlessandroCaliaro said:
    I don't know how XF ActivityIndicator works… I think you could visualize a StackLayout that fills the entire display.. which has its ActivityIndicator so you see the activityindicator but the StackLayout does not permit to touch other controls. Otherwise copy ACR Userdialog source code inside your project and use it without install the nuget

Hi,
    I already have a ControlTemplate with a ContentPresenter and a StackLayout that contains the ActivityIndicator,
    but, as shown in image, doesn't fill the whole screen :(

on which platform?

@AlessandroCaliaro said:
    on which platform?

Hi,
    all supported platform, UWP, iOS and Android.

do you have the problem on all these platforms?

@AlessandroCaliaro said:
    do you have the problem on all these platforms?

Yes.

can you post your code (or a sample on github that reproduce the problem…)

@AlessandroCaliaro said:
    can you post your code (or a sample on github that reproduce the problem…)

Attached a sample.

When you run it, click the button "show loading", then the ActivityIndicator come up but you can click the menu button and change page.

In my application I have some ToolbarItems and with this behavior the user can click them when the loading is up (this is not correct).

Thank you.

It's because your LoadingView is part of "Detail" in MasterDetail. You should create somethink lika a "popup" that fill the entire screen. I suggests how @AllanRitchie writes its UserDialogs...

@AlessandroCaliaro said:

It's because your LoadingView is part of "Detail" in MasterDetail. You should create somethink lika a "popup" that fill the entire screen. I suggests how @AllanRitchie writes its UserDialogs...

This was the idea.. I had hope that someone have had the same problem and had found a solution.

I'll check the code from UserDialogs.

Thank you.