Forum Events & Community

April 22nd: Vancouver, BC: Cross Platform Mobile Development for the C# Developer with Xamarin

JamesMontemagnoJamesMontemagno USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, Developer Group Leader Xamurai
edited April 2014 in Events & Community

Join .NET User Group of British Columbia, CA Tuesday, 2014/04/22, 6:30 PM [Welcome time 6:15 PM] as Xamarin Developer Evangelist, James Montemagno (That's me!) presents Cross Platform Mobile Development for the C# Developer with Xamarin.

Link: http://www.netbc.ca/DNCal/EventDetail.aspx?date=2014/04/22

Topic: Cross Platform Mobile Development for the C# Developer with Xamarin
Mobile continues to expand and evolve at a rapid pace. Users expect great native experiences in the palm of their hands on each and every platform. A major hurdle for developers today is that each platform has it's own programming language and tools to learn and maintain. Even if you tackle the burden of learning Objective-C and Java you will still have to managing multiple code bases which can be a nightmare for any development team large or small. It doesn't have to be this way as you can create Android, iOS, Windows Phone, and Windows Store apps leveraging the .NET framework and everything you love about C# (the best programming language available, in my opinion).

During the meetup I will go over the technology that Xamarin offers, how it works, and how you can leverage a shared C# code base across all mobile platforms. We will go through developing, deploying, and optimizing your first mobile apps for iOS, Android, and Windows from a single code base. All of this while using awesome C# features like LINQ, async/await, events, and delegates and the tools you love like Visual Studio.