Which 3 size images to upload in image set to support all devices?

MakMak INMember ✭✭

Image assets are now preferred over resources in IOS, which supports to upload only 3 versions of the image. 1x, 2x & 3x.

But there are number of device resolutions to support on iPhones

640x1136 - 5 series
750x1334 - 6, 6s, 7, 8
1242x2208 - (6, 6s, 7, 8) plus
1125x2436 - X, XS
828x1792 - XR
1242x2688 - XS Max

I can understand what 1x, 2x & 3x resolutions are, eg. if 1x size is 414x896 than 2x vesion is 828x1792 and 3x is 1242x2688

But I can not understand which 3 image sizes to upload to support all devices, so that complete image appear full screen on all devices without cutting the edges of the image?

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• MakMak INMember ✭✭
    edited March 18

@ColeX , Thank you for the detailed answer.

I actually did same, uploaded images of that resolution with AspectFill. But problem was that image was not showing same on all the devices. If we have image with something like logo in center then it will work. But I got an image with designs at bottom so as you mentioned some portion of the content was not showing at bottom of the screen on old devices. It has been used as launch screen as well as a view's background.

So it isn't possible with image assets that a full image looks same on all devices as launch image or background? Or I need to change my launch image?

• MakMak INMember ✭✭

@ColeX , Thank you very much for all the help. I will try that suggestion.