how can i move the burger menu to the right side in the navigation bar

lucagtolucagto Member ✭✭

I would like to move the hamburger menu to the right in the navigation bar, so that I can put the button to go back to the left side (for ios).
Does anyone know how to do? thank you.

Answers

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

It's not a good design to move he burger menu to the right side.

You could wrap navigationPage inside MasterDetailPage , then it will remain the left icon and back button on the left side .
    view hierarchy like this

MaterDetailPage 

----NavigationPage

----Page1 -> Page2

----NavigationPage

----Page3

----Page4

• JamesLaveryJamesLavery GBBeta, University ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @ColeX said:
    > It's not a good design to move he burger menu to the right side.
    >
    Why?
  • NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University mod

I had to do this once because someone thought it was a good idea and had to use Telerik's slideover control which could do this to mimic a MasterDetail app but IMHO...it's all wrong. It fly's in the face of platform styling guidelines.

@NMackay said:
    I had to do this once because someone thought it was a good idea and had to use Telerik's slideover control which could do this to mimic a MasterDetail app but IMHO...it's all wrong. It fly's in the face of platform styling guidelines.

Platform styling guidelines say that the burger menu should be on the left? Interesting - hadn't seen that.

• NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University mod
    edited March 14

@JamesLavery said:

@NMackay said:

Platform styling guidelines say that the burger menu should be on the left? Interesting - hadn't seen that.

It's doesn't explicitly say it has to be there but it say it should be there, the documentation suggests left.

https://material.io/design/components/app-bars-top.html#anatomy

"The recommended placement of elements in a top app bar for left-to-right languages is:

Place navigation on the far left"

@NMackay said:

@JamesLavery said:

@NMackay said:

It's doesn't explicitly say it has to be there but it say it should be there, the documentation suggests left.

https://material.io/design/components/app-bars-top.html#anatomy

"The recommended placement of elements in a top app bar for left-to-right languages is:

Place navigation on the far left"

Fair enough. Although as a left-hander.... I think I've hijacked this thread enough for now.

• lucagtolucagto Member ✭✭

Thanks to everyone for the help, fortunately it was no longer necessary to move the hamburger menu.

Thank you.