My Port to Android

RonNYCRonNYC Member ✭✭✭

Is there anything wrong (i.e., a violation of standards here, etc.) if I announce that my port of my Windows encryption program Alkemi to Android is complete (apart from a help file link, etc.)?

RON

Answers

• jezhjezh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Wow, have you finished the Port job yet?

• RonNYCRonNYC Member ✭✭✭

Yes, as much as anything is ever finished in programming. It's an encryption app. It is an Android version of my desktop app.

I worked like 10-16 hours a day on it. The encryption code is based on something I started writing in about 2005.

I'm not certain (the world's a big place) but I don't think anything else does what it does.

(Easy to say, of course. Since I'm not a professional cryptographer, I know from the rather cold shoulder I got from them that they will diss what I do, which is their right of course.)

I do like working in the Android environment; at least in the Xamarin environment. That team is amazing!!

edited March 12

The only "problems" I still have with it is that it is NOT SIGNED (even though VS produces something it names as a signed apk. So there are warnings when installing. I have tried to find out the proper route for signing it but so far failed. I have read several articles, but get vague and contradictory answers. I would like to put it in the play store.

And the other issue is that I would like to see only one instance of the app running on the phone but I think you can have several. This doesn't affect anything but it's a bit weird.

I have an Exit button (and an Exit menu item) which kills the app. But then another version appears, sometimes.

I do not know why.

• jezhjezh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

From this sentence as following

The only "problems" I still have with it is that it is NOT SIGNED (even though VS produces something it names as a signed apk. So there are warnings when installing. ,

why are you call it NOT SIGNED while VS produces something it names as a signed apk ?

Because I'm not including the keystore with it. When I do I get errors. So, it's (to my knowledge) unsigned. Am I wrong?