forms App logs out in the background

PoorneshV15PoorneshV15 Member ✭✭
edited March 7 in Xamarin.Forms

Android restarts everytime on putting my Xamarin forms App to Background and bringing it back. This happens only in some devices( Zebra Scanning device TC75 EK android v 7.1.2) . This problem is not seen in other devices. Can someone help me with this. Thanks in advance.

Answers

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@PoorneshV15 said:
    Putting my Xamarin forms App to Background and bringing it back logs out my App. This happens only in some devices( Zebra Scanning device TC75 EK android v 7.1.2) . This problem is not seen in other devices. Can someone help me with this. Thanks in advance.

Android is probably restarting the app rather than logging your user out.

• PoorneshV15PoorneshV15 Member ✭✭

@JohnHair said:

@PoorneshV15 said:
    Putting my Xamarin forms App to Background and bringing it back logs out my App. This happens only in some devices( Zebra Scanning device TC75 EK android v 7.1.2) . This problem is not seen in other devices. Can someone help me with this. Thanks in advance.

Android is probably restarting the app rather than logging your user out.

Yes I think it is restarting may be. I have edited my question.

• PaulNTUPaulNTU USMember ✭✭✭

Are these devices low cost, low memory devices? They maybe termination the app to free up memory for other applications.

Alternatively the app maybe silently crashing when being suspended on these certain devices. If you can get one of the offending devices, plug it in to your pc and monitor it using Android Device monitor and log cat to see if any errors are triggered

HTH
    Paul

• PoorneshV15PoorneshV15 Member ✭✭

@PaulNTU No these are not low cost, low memory devices.

• PaulNTUPaulNTU USMember ✭✭✭

Have you checked for application crashes during OnPause or OnResume for your application. Unfortunately this requires you to have the device in your possession and plugged in to see the logcat on android studio

A crash would cause the application to restart instead of resume