Pairing Visual Studio 2019 to an OSX VM

wigwig Member ✭✭

I'm having problems connecting my Win10 Visual Studio machine to my VMWare OSX machine via visual studio for development.
The Pair to Mac dialog keeps reporting:

"An unexpected error occurred while checking the SSH configuration of 'Mac'
No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it"

I can ping the VM, have enabled remote login, turned of the OSX firewall and connected successfully with Git Bash via ssh from my PC - but it doesn't want to do it through visual studio :(

Anything I'm doing wrong? Is it too early for 2019? Any Advice?

Tagged:

Answers

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

You have to use bridge connection for your virtual machine to allow the Windows machine's connecting request.
    Refer to this documentation https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/108509/how-to-connect-visualstudio-with-xamarin-to-virtual-macos for the details steps and information.

• wigwig Member ✭✭

Thanks for the advice. It got me a step closer. It seems to run through a bunch of connection prompts and then says "A remote error occurred in the connected mac" and won't let me attempt to connect again until I restart VS. Something else I haven't done?

• wigwig Member ✭✭

OK, so installed VS 2019 on the mac VM and connection seems to be successful!
    Although now the iPhone simulator is blank and doesn't seem to show anything :/