Apple : we found that your app does not comply with the following guidelines.

Hi , My app is in general an app that scan QR code and give my clients data about vouchers for user .
It has been rejected last week by apple and I don't understand why ? this is the main function of my app .

{
Your app unlocks or enables additional functionality with mechanisms such as promo codes, data transfer codes, license keys, augmented reality markers, or QR codes, which is not appropriate for the App Store.

}

Best Answer

Answers

• soufianemarlysoufianemarly Member ✭✭

you need to respect the Human Interface Guidelines
    hope this will help
    Link 1 :
    https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/
    Link 2 :
    https://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/ios/overview/themes/

• Achraf_benalayaAchraf_benalaya USMember ✭✭

@soufianemarly but they didn't tell me anything about the UI ?!

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@Achraf_benalaya said:
    Hi , My app is in general an app that scan QR code and give my clients data about vouchers for user .
    It has been rejected last week by apple and I don't understand why ? this is the main function of my app .

{
    Your app unlocks or enables additional functionality with mechanisms such as promo codes, data transfer codes, license keys, augmented reality markers, or QR codes, which is not appropriate for the App Store.

}

I think the reason they gave you for rejection is quite clear, they believe that the scanning of the QR code unlocks functionality within your app, which is against Apple's terms.

@JohnHair Sorry john , I dont get it ? "> scanning of the QR code unlocks functionality within your app"

what's this mean ?
    Sorry but when it comes to apple store I don't really have a lot of knowledge..

@JohnHair yes it's true , for a user to redeem a voucher they need to scan it or enter the code !

is this against their rules ??

• JamesLaveryJamesLavery GBBeta, University ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. That's what they are telling you!

I suggest you open a discussion with Apple via App Store Connect (or whatever they've called it this week).