Is a Xamarin app considered as running on a Microsoft platform?

NickKovalskyNickKovalsky USMember ✭✭✭
edited February 21 in General

I have come to this article https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/design/style/segoe-ui-symbol-font promoting using a Microsoft font inside apps. It states:

How do I get this font?

On Windows 10: There's nothing you need to do, the font comes with Windows.
On a Mac, you need to download and install the font: Get the Segoe UI and MDL2 icon fonts

Okay, they mean we could use it on Mac. After downloading the font and opening the embeeded EULA we read:

You may use the Segoe MDL2 Assets and Segoe UI fonts or glyphs included in this file (“Software”) solely to design, develop and test your programs that run on a Microsoft Platform, a Microsoft Platform includes but is not limited to any hardware or software product or service branded by trademark, trade dress, copyright or some other recognized means, as a product or service of Microsoft. This license does not grant you the right to distribute or sublicense all or part of the Software to any third party. By using the Software you agree to these terms. If you do not agree to these terms, do not use the Software.

I feel a bit lost, logically that would mean we can use it on Windows only, but the article is all about XAML, C# and crossplatform. So i wonder maybe an app running using Microsoft owned Xamarin framework is considered running on Microsoft platform?
Thanks!

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• NickKovalskyNickKovalsky USMember ✭✭✭

After posting i realized that they might be meaning the development for Windows being made on a Mac machine, using visual studio for mac and such..