Restrict app download

Hi,
We have developed our application using Xamarin forms and everything ready to go. But we have a requirement now, that we want our app in the Play store and in App Store to download/install but we also want to limit its access within specific location (ex, Lexington, KY). We do not want everyone in other location download our application.

Is this something possible to limit the app download from Play store or App store(in apple)?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
Sri

Best Answer

• NMackayNMackay GB mod
    edited February 19 Accepted Answer

@SrikrishnanSenthil said:
    Hi,
    We have developed our application using Xamarin forms and everything ready to go. But we have a requirement now, that we want our app in the Play store and in App Store to download/install but we also want to limit its access within specific location (ex, Lexington, KY). We do not want everyone in other location download our application.

Is this something possible to limit the app download from Play store or App store(in apple)?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
    Sri

You can only restrict downloads to countries in the stores, you cannot restrict to states/regions with in a country.

I even googled this just out of interest even through I've submitted apps to iTunes/GooglePlay & Windows Store.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43550453/can-i-restrict-ios-app-to-specific-us-state-e-g-app-should-be-download-in-ne

Answers

• NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University mod
    edited February 19 Accepted Answer

@SrikrishnanSenthil said:
    Hi,

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
    Sri

You can only restrict downloads to countries in the stores, you cannot restrict to states/regions with in a country.

I even googled this just out of interest even through I've submitted apps to iTunes/GooglePlay & Windows Store.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43550453/can-i-restrict-ios-app-to-specific-us-state-e-g-app-should-be-download-in-ne

• @NMackay thank you very much.

• NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University mod
    edited February 19

To be more selective about app deployment you'd have to look at various MDM solutions on the market, I don't know if any solutions out there cater for that but it's an alternative.