Preventing deployed apps from being uninstalled

Alaa81Alaa81 Member ✭✭

Hi all,
I am working on multiple apps and every time I deploy an app to my Android phone the other previously deployed app get uninstalled.
Is there a way to prevent it from being uninstalled? Can I keep my deployed apps on my phone all at the same time.
Thanks in advance.

Best Answers

Answers

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

So app1 is uninstalled when you deploy app2 ?
    That shouldn't be happening.
    Are you calling them all the same name?
    Is this on an emulator or real device?

• NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University mod

Weird, never seen that, maybe they are sharing the same bundle identifier which could cause that.

@NMackay Yeah - that's what I"m thinking.

Hey @Alaa81 ... Any chance you made one solution... did all your skeletal ground work in it... Added all the common stuff you would want in all your apps, like logging or localDB layer etc. Then started making copies of the entire solution for your subsequent other apps? To save time and have them all be consistent. Because then they would all think they are the same app, same ID and so on.

• Alaa81Alaa81 Member ✭✭
    > @ClintStLaurent said:
    > @NMackay Yeah - that's what I"m thinking.
    >
    > Hey @Alaa81 ... Any chance you made one solution... did all your skeletal ground work in it... Added all the common stuff you would want in all your apps, like logging or localDB layer etc. Then started making copies of the entire solution for your subsequent other apps? To save time and have them all be consistent. Because then they would all think they are the same app, same ID and so on.

Guilty as charged lol.
    So, is there a special signature I should be looking out for in these copy-cats so they do not install over each others?

Damn its good to be telepathic, sometimes

• Alaa81Alaa81 Member ✭✭
    > @NMackay said:
    > Weird, never seen that, maybe they are sharing the same bundle identifier which could cause that.

Bundle identifier? Where is it located in the solution?
  • Alaa81Alaa81 Member ✭✭
    > @NMackay said:
    > @Alaa81 said:
    > > @NMackay said:
    > > Weird, never seen that, maybe they are sharing the same bundle identifier which could cause that.
    >
    > Bundle identifier? Where is it located in the solution?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/android/platform/android-manifest

Thank you Mackay.
  • Alaa81Alaa81 Member ✭✭

@JoeManke said:
    Android project properties -> Android Manifest -> Package name

Spot on Joe. Thank you so much.