Why do I see "Timeout exceeded getting exception details"?

When I hit an exception running my app in the emulator, I almost always see the exception type and then the following: "Timeout exceeded getting exception details". Which of course doesn't tell me any details. Any idea why this happens and how to actually get the exception details instead of timing out? Thanks.

Answers

• jezhjezh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Please add a diagnostic build output about this issue. (As a file attachment or gist link), that would be really appreciated!
    Just as the follows.
    1. Help->Xamarin->Zip Logs(last 7 days)
    2. Tools ->Options-> Projects and Solution

Of course,if it's convenient, being able to upload a demo is the fastest way to solve the problem.

• ArchitektArchitekt USMember ✭✭

So I was using Hyper-V. I realized after a while that the emulator was running slow and didn't feel like it was hardware accelerated (and yes, my machine supports Hyper-V and I was using an x86 image, as per the MS docs). I removed Hyper-V and switched to HAXM, and besides my emulator running nice and fast, it appears to have fixed the issue with the exception details missing. I'm guessing that the emulator was just not accelerated and wasn't able to provide the info to the debugger fast enough.