What is the proper process to design in xamarin.iOS

VigneshKandaVigneshKanda USMember ✭✭

Hi guys !! :) I am new to xamarin.ios . I was given a project where could see some storyboard designs . I have came across some msdn docs but confused how to do proper designing for xamarinios .

Either to do only drag and drop . or anyother way like should i do in xcode or xml or anything else ?

If so please give me some links where i could follow the procedure . :)

T

Tagged:

Answers

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

This is probably a good start:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/ios/user-interface/storyboards/?tabs=windows

Also Xamarin University will have plenty of content on this:
    https://university.xamarin.com/classes/track/xamarin-ios

• VigneshKandaVigneshKanda USMember ✭✭

Thank you @JohnHair . I have a doubt that i have an already done design in which i couldnt see UICollectionViewFlowLayout in the storyboard designer .

But if I open the storyboard with xml i can find the UICollectionViewFlowLayout name is written there .

Why is this .This is my big doubt . So should i design in xml or designer ?

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

I am more of a Xamarin.Forms guy these days, someone here might be able to help you though.

Thank you john . Can any developer help me through ??????

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited February 11

@VigneshKanda said:
    Thank you @JohnHair . I have a doubt that i have an already done design in which i couldnt see UICollectionViewFlowLayout in the storyboard designer .

But if I open the storyboard with xml i can find the UICollectionViewFlowLayout name is written there .

Why is this .This is my big doubt . So should i design in xml or designer ?

For most native developers , we drag and drop controls , set constraints on storyboard designer ,and if you would like to create dynamic controls , you can write it in code behind (in cs).

The xml is generated automatically when we operate on storyboard , we don't edit it in generally.

@ColeX Thank you for your reply .

But I could see that xml only has the design . The storyboard and its respective class behind doesn't have the design . May I know how it would be created ??? Do developers create xamarin iOS design in xml ????