How to change version of NuGet package ? (vs 4 mac)

TonyGodtTonyGodt DKMember ✭✭

I am used to using Visual Studio for Windows, but now when using Visual Studio for Mac I cannot seem to figure out how to change the installed version of a NuGet package ?

Only way is to remove NuGet, search for it again and add it with a new version.

Isnt there an easier way than this ?

Tagged:

• mattwardmattward GBMember Xamurai

Not sure I completely understand the problem you are having. If you want to install a particular version you can use the Add Packages dialog. There should be no need to remove the NuGet package that is currently installed. If you want to update to the latest version you can either use the Add Packages dialog or right click the package in the Solution window and select Update.

There is a separate NuGet extensions addin you can install which will give you a way to manage packages for the solution rather than just one project which is closer to what Visual Studio on Windows provides. This gives you a Manage Packages dialog with an Installed, Updates and Consolidate tabs. Not sure if that helps - possibly you are looking for something like the Installed tab this dialog provides?

• TonyGodtTonyGodt DKMember ✭✭

Its actually the NuGet extension addin I am using, and yes it looks like Visual Studio - but its missing the ability to change versions automatically.

There actually IS a dropdown in that addin, where you can change the version - as in VS - but there is no "apply" button.

Anyway, the tip with just adding a new version, even though a different version already exists, should be "enough" for me - thanks!

• mattwardmattward GBMember Xamurai

Thanks. Now I understand the problem. The Installed tab currently only allows you to remove NuGet packages. There is not a great way to downgrade a version if you are using the latest. Another button would need to be added.

The Updates tab would allow you to update multiple packages, each to specific versions, after that version is selected for each package. However if you are using the latest version the package will not be available in that tab.