"Invalid Swift Support - The SwiftSupport folder is missing" when publishing to App Store

SalvatoreSalvatore ITUniversity

Hello,

I'm having this error when trying to publish an iOS application:

"Invalid Swift Support - The SwiftSupport folder is missing. Rebuild your app using the current public (GM) version of Xcode and resubmit it."

We are using iOSCharts in our project.

I tried to use the ipa-packager from GitHub and also to create the "SwiftSupport" folder manually (I copied the *.dylib files from Xcode) but the best result for now is another error:

"Invalid Swift Support - The file arm64 doesn't have a signing ID. Sign the file, rebuild your app using the current public (GM) version of Xcode, and resubmit it."

What can I do to solve these errors? Thanks for any help/feedbacks

• Xcode 10.1
  • Visual Studio for Mac 7.7.4 (build 1)
  • Xamarin.iOS 12.2.1.13

Best Answer

• SalvatoreSalvatore IT
    Accepted Answer

Thank you for your reply, anyway I tried those solutions before writing here and they didn't worked.

I got it working by following these steps (using IPA Packager):

1. Archive the app for Publishing (From Visual Studio)
    2. Launch Xcode and load Organizer (Window -> Organizer)
    3. Find your app in the Archives and "Distribute App" then "Export"
    4. Go to the location of the exported ipa and change the extension to "zip" and extract it
    5. Load terminal and execute the following (use absolute paths): sh package_ipa.sh /AppNameFolder/Payload/AppName.app /AppNameFolder/AppName.ipa
    6. Upload the new ipa with Application Loader

Also I had to follow the additional steps suggested in the link below since I had "Symbols" directory.

Note: I had to edit the script of the IPA Packager a bit. I included the copy of the Symbols folder (if any) and forced it to copy the full .app file instead of the .app content (this for me was necessary to resolve an error with the Application Loader)

IPA Packager link: github.com/Flash3001/ipa-packager
    Answer with additional steps: stackoverflow.com/questions/37820300/invalid-swift-support-using-native-swift-library-in-xamarin-ios

Answers

• SalvatoreSalvatore ITUniversity
    Accepted Answer

Thank you for your reply, anyway I tried those solutions before writing here and they didn't worked.

I got it working by following these steps (using IPA Packager):

1. Archive the app for Publishing (From Visual Studio)
    2. Launch Xcode and load Organizer (Window -> Organizer)
    3. Find your app in the Archives and "Distribute App" then "Export"
    4. Go to the location of the exported ipa and change the extension to "zip" and extract it
    5. Load terminal and execute the following (use absolute paths): sh package_ipa.sh /AppNameFolder/Payload/AppName.app /AppNameFolder/AppName.ipa
    6. Upload the new ipa with Application Loader

Also I had to follow the additional steps suggested in the link below since I had "Symbols" directory.

Note: I had to edit the script of the IPA Packager a bit. I included the copy of the Symbols folder (if any) and forced it to copy the full .app file instead of the .app content (this for me was necessary to resolve an error with the Application Loader)

IPA Packager link: github.com/Flash3001/ipa-packager
    Answer with additional steps: stackoverflow.com/questions/37820300/invalid-swift-support-using-native-swift-library-in-xamarin-ios