Buttons correctly displayed in Release mode but not on real phone

Hello everyone,

I'm developping an app for Android and iOS with Xamarin, in this app the users can choose a diameter (called "diametre"), to this diameter is associated one or many screw threads (called "pas"). These two, combined, return a drill ("Percage").

The user must first click on "Diametre". ("Choisir" means "Choose").
(1) (I've made screenshots with numbers they refer to in the .zip file, since i can't post links).

Many buttons appears and the user can choose his value.
(2)

Once he has chosen his value for the diameter, the "pas" button is now accessible.
(3)

Now, the user can choose the "pas" he wants by clicking on the corresponding button which is supposed to lead him to a list of button like for the diameter.
This is where the trouble starts:

On the release version of the app, the list is appearing normally like for the diameter one, but when i deploy the app on a real phone to test it, the list is not correctly visible:
(4)

What i don't understand is the fact that when i swipe my finger a little to the bottom of the list, some values are appearing
(5) & (6)

This list is supposed to be like the diameter one, values with white background.

I'm new to Xamarin, at this point i don't know if the issue is from my code or if it's a bug (since everything is working in Visual Studio Android Emulator).

If you have any suggestion i would be very grateful.
Thanks for reading

Answers

  • jezhjezh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited February 6

    I created a new app and copied your code to the project, and run it on my real phone(Google Pixel Android 8.1 ) , when I clicked the button Pas, the effect is as follows, not the case as you said that not show the list.

  • willymontwillymont Member

    Thanks for taking the time to test the app, i really appreciate it.

    The app is supposed to look like in your picture, but in my phone it looks broken (i've tested the app on a Galaxy Note 4 6.0.1 Marshmallow and a Honor9 8.0 Oreo).
    I suppose that the issue come from the configuration of the Android.Manifest since the targeted framework is Android 8.1.
    There must be incompatibilities or i just don't know how to configure the manifest.

    If anybody has others advices...

    Thanks again.

  • vinothswamivinothswami Member ✭✭

    Did you set your minimum SDK version, it should set for ur app will support from the minimum sdk version.

  • willymontwillymont Member

    Hello, yes, i set the minimum SDK to Android 6.0 (API 23) in the Android Manifest, the targeted version is Android 8.1 (API 27).

Sign In or Register to comment.