xamarin studio 5.9.5 menus grayed out

Please can someone tell me what is wrong here as i have just installed xamarine studio on my aptop using a windows10 64bit operating system but cant run my project as the run menu is grayed out ,please what is the way foreward ?

Answers

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

Xamarin Studio is LONG PAST end of life. Its a dead product.
    You should have changed over to Visual Studios a couple years ago.

But... Its clearly time that you move to Visual Studio now.

• chineduchinedu Member

please which version of visual studio ,as i was using vs 2017 Enterprise till this morning i only ran to xamarin studio because when i ran my projects all i was getting after so much time was just a blank emulator , please would be grate full to find more help on this ......

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

You can get Visual Studio 15.9.6 here: https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/downloads/
    There are three types you can choose. Download the Visual Studio Installer firstly, then choose what components you need. At last, the Installer will download the whole Visual Studio for you.
    If you have other issues about Xamarin, feel free to post threads here.

• JGoldbergerJGoldberger USMember, Forum Administrator, Xamarin Team, University Xamurai

@chinedu

I would recommend starting a new thread describing in detail what is happening when you are deploying your app to an emulator. Some things have changed with the Google Android emulator for Windows fairly recently, and Visual Studio Android emulator is no longer supported. So when posting the new thread, please do specify which Android emulator you are using.

I am going to close this thread since it is about an unsupported product.

This discussion has been closed.