Basic Deployment and Build Questions

RonNYCRonNYC Member ✭✭✭
  1. I create a new project (Xamarin, Blank project). I compile it. My Android phone is plugged into the computer. I start the ADB server. Then I select Deploy and I get a deployment to the Emulator. I don't want that. I want to deploy to the phone. What gives? How do I diagnose? How do I stop deployment to the emulator?

Answers

• Luis_dmLuis_dm USMember ✭✭✭
    edited January 28

Steps

1.Install drivers phone
    2. Enable debugging mode
    3. Activate debugging mode

• RonNYCRonNYC Member ✭✭✭

no. Done all that. Did I mention I successfully deployed the app twice?

• jezhjezh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

After you build your app successfully, you can select the target device to deploy the app as follows:

Note: you need make sure your phone device could be detected. If your android phone could be detected, then your phone will be listed as a target device.
    The steps is as follows:
    1. make sure your Android phone is plugged into the computer and enable your phone in debugging mode
    2. generally, the computer will automatically install the driver, then you will see your android in the device list.

Hope it can help you.

All I can see is Android_Accelerated_X86_Oreo (Android 8.1 - Api27)

No other choices.

I tried copying the APK directly to the phone's download folder and while I could do that, when I tried to run it I got a message it was corrupt. Not sure why, of course.

• Luis_dmLuis_dm USMember ✭✭✭

What android phone do you have? Maybe we can help you

LG K20 Plus

Well, after a lot of suffering, I deployed an app to my Android phone.

It was blank app, just the basic default stuff. I built it, then set it to release and built it and then deployed.

In the bin/release folder was the sign-apk file. I copied that to my download folder, then click on it, I was asked to install which it did and then ran it with no errors.

I declare a temporary victory against the Xamarinites, a sneaky and cruel enemy I want to be my friend.