Error using ExportAttribute with array parameter

BIZIBIZI Member
edited January 28 in Xamarin.Android

When I'm using ExportAttribute on a managed method with array parameter like this:

[Export]
    public static int A(int[] b) { ... }

I'll get:

NotSupportedException: Only primitive types and IJavaObject is supported in array type in callback method parameter or return value

But "int" is a primitive type.

I've found this link on GitHub: github.com/xamarin/xamarin-android/issues/1259
But the problem isn't solved.

Answers

• YorkGoYorkGo CNMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

As atsushieno point out, avoid depending on any code that requires [Export] by writing managed code that overrides existing Java methods which would result in a working Java callable wrappers though. For any native (C) functions P/Invoke just works.

I will sync with you if any more PG’s feedback comes out.

• BIZIBIZI Member

I know I can use P/Invoke, but [Export] is the better(only) choice especially when I can't change the C code or the native code uses too many JNI features to change easily.

The official explanation in the forum: forums.xamarin.com/discussion/comment/32367
    makes an example which uses ExportAttribute with array parameters, so I think this problem is unexpected and should be solved.

I don't want to see this bug ignored(seems like) again and hope it will be fixed as soon as possible= =.

• YorkGoYorkGo CNMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

You could post a comment on the github: #1259, Xamarin PG will give it a higher priority if a lot people hope this issue could be fixed. :)