Forum Xamarin.Android
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

@style/Widget.MaterialComponents.TextInputLayout.OutlinedBox is not available in xamarin.android

hanumas1361hanumas1361 USMember ✭✭
edited January 2019 in Xamarin.Android

i installed "Xamarin.Android.Support.Design" in my xamarin android project and trying to assign the style

@style/Widget.MaterialComponents.TextInputLayout.OutlinedBox

to "TextInputLayout" control but the style is not available, any idea on this???

Best Answers

Answers

• hanumas1361hanumas1361 USMember ✭✭

hi @YorkGo already i had "Xamarin.Android.Support.Design" nuget package with version 28.0.0.1in my project but the style is not coming

• YorkGoYorkGo CNMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Could you please share your layout file?

Hi @YorkGo i tried with the code u have shared , with that also same result

edited January 2019

@hanumas1361, That's wierd. Can you reproduce this issue in a blank project?

Hi @YorkGo with fresh project also same thing happening, i set minimum and target android versions to -APi level-27

Hi @YorkGo tried the same but no use, im having latest VS version and APK's but no luck

@hanumas1361, would you mind sharing a basic demo that can reproduce this issue?

Hi @YorkGo , thanks for the support, i have attached some sample project, please have a look.

@hanumas1361 , the App10.zip you provided, still using version 27.0.2.1 of "Xamarin.Android.Support.Design" nuget package.

When I update it to 28.0.0.1, the issue resolved.

Hi @YorkGo
    thanks for the help, now im able to get the OutlinedBox style in my project