iOS code signing key not found in keychain

MLyrstadMLyrstad Member ✭✭

After having successfully built, tested and published a Xamarin Forms app both for Android and iOS I'm suddenly no longer able to build the iOS version. I'm getting the "iOS code signing key not found in keychain" error.

How can I fix this problem? I don't even know where to start.

Best Answer

• MLyrstadMLyrstad ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

Since I obviously don't know how to use this forum - I should have marked my own response as the answer :tongue:

The answer was to recreate a new provisioning profile for the phone in question. For some reason it had become stale.

Answers

• paul_macpaul_mac Member ✭✭✭

A good encouragement for you is that you can fix this issue as I did.

Some entity is missing in the KeyChain Access app found in your mac build host.

I would suggest you to just cross check your work each step with this handy tutorial - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/xamarin/ios/get-started/installation/device-provisioning/manual-provisioning?tabs=windows

**Make sure you verify these **

Make sure you have selected the scheme as Manual(if yours is so) and have selected the appropriate signing identity and Provisioning profile in the iOS project -> properties -> iOS Bundle Signing tab

Linker Behavior : Don't link (iOS project -> properties -> iOS Build tab)

• MLyrstadMLyrstad Member ✭✭

Thank you for your response. I ended up figuring it out (I think), I had to recreate the provisioning profile. I don't know why, but it now works and that's all I care about :smiley:

• paul_macpaul_mac Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 17

If my answer is helpful in fixing the error, please do accept it as an answer. Thanks

Accepted Answer

Since I obviously don't know how to use this forum - I should have marked my own response as the answer :tongue:

The answer was to recreate a new provisioning profile for the phone in question. For some reason it had become stale.

• ulysseimeculysseimec Member

I have the same issue, I try to recreate only the provisioning file but the error 'iOS code signing key not found in keychain' still happening. @MLyrstad can you specify your solution ?

@ulysseimec I already have, in the accepted answer. My provisioning profile was no longer valid, so I had to create a new one.

• ulysseimeculysseimec Member

Ok, thank you @MLyrstad
    My provisioning profile is still valid, I suppose something else is wrong with my build pipeline.
    I will investigate