Xamarin.Forms using a PCL assembly will not build - Cannot do anything

StephenHauckStephenHauck USMember ✭✭✭

I updated Visual Studio and it seems a huge mistake.
I am running 15.9.5

I started a Xamarin.Forms project for all three platforms ...
Added the Parse PCL library...
Found out the setting to use PCL's is now deprecated but should work ....

Two weeks later and I still can't get a build that works.

I am having flashbacks to the old days of MonoTouch with these random bugs I am seeing lately.

I have attached my logs.

Here is the error ...
_System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast COM object of type 'EnvDTE.SolutionClass' to interface type 'EnvDTE.Project'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{866311E6-C887-4143-9833-645F5B93F6F1}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Interop.VsShellExtensions.ToDteProject(IVsHierarchy hierarchy) in E:\A_work\343\s\src\Core\Xamarin.VisualStudio.Interfaces\Extensions\VsShellExtensions.cs:line 233
at Xamarin.VisualStudio.DocumentObservable.OnBeforeDocumentWindowShow(UInt32 docCookie, Int32 fFirstShow, IVsWindowFrame pFrame) in E:\A_work\343\s\src\Core\VisualStudio\DocumentObservable.cs:line 33
Xamarin.VisualStudio.DocumentObservable|Warning|0|An error occurred getting the Project Node for 'C:\Users\Stephen\source\repos\WatchMeWork\WatchMeWork.iOS\WatchMeWork.iOS.csproj'
_

Someone.. anyone ....

Answers

• StephenHauckStephenHauck USMember ✭✭✭

I started a new project from scratch after updating VS 2017 and it will build but even though I have the code below in the iOS AppDelegate.cs to force inclusion it fails....

static void IncludeReferences()
        {
            Console.WriteLine(typeof(ParseObject));
        }