Simple Cross Platform App - Getting Started

timmy68timmy68 Member ✭✭

Hi
I have done a lot of reading and youtube tutorials and I think I am ready to start, but need some direction please.
Project is a simple app for iPhone at this stage that takes a photo or video and allows the user to discard/use, if use then add some free text, select info from some pick lists, records the location (GPS) then uploads to my Wordpress website.
The UX would be the same as listing something on Gumtree, (but its not commercial).
I will be using Visual Studio 2017 community ed.
Restrictions are; user cannot add photo from library, it has to be what was just captured (web audience has to be assured footage not tampered with).
Can anyone direct me to a template of sample that does this, or gets me started please?
Have I come to the right place?
Thanks
Tim

Answers

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

Can anyone direct me to a template of sample that does this,

No. This is writing apps, not building websites. Its not by by 'templates' of apps.

I have done a lot of reading and youtube tutorials and I think I am ready to start,

Probably not.

Have you built anything for learning on first? Simpler stuff than your actual app? A person does not watch YouTube then build a 4 bedroom house. You start with a birdhouse... dog house... out house... shed... garage... working your way up in skill, learning and understanding. The same is true for software development. You start with learning. Building "Hello World", then work up from there.

You have a lot of requirements. Do you know how to do any one of them yet? Do you know how to take video? Do you know how to add text on a photo? Do you know how to display a popup that asks the user if they want to keep the picture they just took?

Start by making a small sandbox test app where you can learn each single part first. Learn how to display a popup asking a question and getting the user response. The learn how to save a picture to a specific directory on the device. And so on. You have to learn how to do each part before you can put the parts together.