Is System.SystemException No Longer in Common Language Runtime Library?

alaskanroguealaskanrogue USMember ✭✭✭

I have a cross-platform solution in which the iOS and Android projects are compiling successfully, but when I build the UWP project I am receiving this error: "Cannot find type System.SystemException in module CommonLanguageRuntimeLibrary. xSentry.UWP C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\10.0.17134.0\XamlCompiler\Microsoft.Windows.UI.Xaml.Common.targets 375, 5".

The "Build Order" output shows

MarkupCompilePass2 target) -> 
1>  C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\10.0.17134.0\XamlCompiler\Microsoft.Windows.UI.Xaml.Common.targets(375,5): 
    Xaml Internal Error error WMC9999: Cannot find type System.SystemException in module CommonLanguageRuntimeLibrary." The Common.targets file at line 375 establishes the parameters for "CompileXaml"

But bottomline, does current "Common Language Runtime Library / mscorlib" still have a SystemException definition? If not, what was the last version that did? I had to re-established the reference to the DLL yesterday because for some reason I had lost the reference. The solution is not on the cutting edge of versions acoss everything because of the equipment I developing on to maintain compatibility. However, I referenced the current Mono version which may be the issue.

As a different possible solution, is there a path to update exception handling to what is now handling system exceptions?

Answers

• alaskanroguealaskanrogue USMember ✭✭✭

I reverted to a backup which didn't have this error scenario. I slowly transferred both my Xaml and C# code in small, with builds in between, to the copy of the backup and got to where I was coding before the error occurred. I appears that the mscorlib.dll I referenced was the culprit. Beware of the possible impact of a mscorlib upgrade handling errors differently.