ios app blinks and quits after changing the system date of iPhone

hanumas1361hanumas1361 USMember ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

If i change the system Date&Time of my iPhone with version 12.1 then my xamarin.ios app is just blinks and quits when i tried to open it.

Please help me with some work around for this issue.

Best Answer

• hanumas1361hanumas1361 US ✭✭
    edited January 11 Accepted Answer

thanks @LandLu @JamesLavery @Rognik for responding.

i found the root cause, actually if i change the date later to the signing certificate expiration date then the iOS app is crashing.

just some info:
    sign up for a paid developer account to get a provisioning profile that will last a year after the expiration date app wont't work.

sign up for a paid account and then publish the app to the App Store If you want apps that don't expire.

Answers

• RognikRognik Member ✭✭

Contact support team

• JamesLaveryJamesLavery GBBeta, University ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you run from the IDE and see any exception in the application output window? If not what about in the device log?
  • LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@hanumas1361 Can you share your sample? And what's your version of Xamarin.iOS?
    I can't reproduce this issue on my side.

• hanumas1361hanumas1361 USMember ✭✭
    edited January 11 Accepted Answer

thanks @LandLu @JamesLavery @Rognik for responding.

i found the root cause, actually if i change the date later to the signing certificate expiration date then the iOS app is crashing.

just some info:
    sign up for a paid developer account to get a provisioning profile that will last a year after the expiration date app wont't work.

sign up for a paid account and then publish the app to the App Store If you want apps that don't expire.

• LandLuLandLu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    @hanumas1361 If you used free provisioning profile, it could be the issue.

@LandLu i have paid account which is having 1 year validity, so after changing the device time later to validation expire date issue is occuring

• JamesLaveryJamesLavery GBBeta, University ✭✭✭✭✭

Hang on, this doesn't make sense.

The signing certificate and profile are only used when compiling and building the IPA. This should have no effect on an installed application. Otherwise you'd have to update existing apps in the store when your code signing certificate expires.

Is the error occurring when you try to run from the IDE, or with an installed version?

@JamesLavery

i have tested this scenario by changing the iPhone device date next to the signing certificated expiration date and then only this issue is occurring.
    if we host the app in playstore we wont get this issue, we are just building and manually installing the app in device.