Xamarin Certified Developer

Xami3Xami3 PKMember, University ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking for xamarin certification in my country (Pakistan). My boss told me to get certified. I am exploring the web for it but could not find a straight forward answer. Someone told me that xamarin certification is meaningless now. so what kind of options do i have to get certified?

i stumble upon this link https://microsoft.com/en-pk/learning/mcsd-app-builder-certification.aspx, But it has only the options for UWP and web technologies(Xamarin is not listed).

Can anyone tell me what should i do now? what kind of course material i should study and where the exams will be held?

Best Answer

Answers

• Xami3Xami3 PKMember, University ✭✭✭

@ClintStLaurent @NMackay @DavidOrtinau @JamesMontemagno do you guys or anyone from xamarin/microsoft can give me some directions?

• NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University mod

https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/146695/xam-u-closing-xamarin-certification-now-meaningless-cancelled-worthless#latest

Read Mark's comments, Xamarin Uni is moving to "Microsoft Learning" so I would hang off certification.

• NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University mod

@MarkSmith.8123

Hi Mark,

Can you advice ?

• mirthemirthe Member ✭✭

@MarkSmith.8123
    Hi Mark,
    You have mentioned certification is possible till 1 may. I do not have a subscription yet but considered to purchase one to follow the live classes. however, when peeking at the schedule, it appears no classes are given after January. Is this correct? Does this imply it is not possible to get certified anymore from scratch?

• MarkSmith.8123MarkSmith.8123 USXamarin Team, University, XamUProfessors Xamurai

Hi @mirthe --

We typically only schedule out a month at a time. We will continue running live classes up until May. Check the calendar after the New Year and you should see more options.

I'd recommend you do all the Self-Guided classes first - those are free. Once you have all of those under your belt, take the handful of live classes last. For those you will need a subscription; you should be able to get through all of the live classes + the exam in a single month. Almost all the certification classes will be in the free portal starting January 1st.

Have a Happy New Year!
    mark

• JohnHairJohnHair GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@MarkSmith.8123 said:
    Hi @mirthe --

We typically only schedule out a month at a time. We will continue running live classes up until May. Check the calendar after the New Year and you should see more options.

I'd recommend you do all the Self-Guided classes first - those are free. Once you have all of those under your belt, take the handful of live classes last. For those you will need a subscription; you should be able to get through all of the live classes + the exam in a single month. Almost all the certification classes will be in the free portal starting January 1st.

To continue what Mark has mentioned, the self guided courses can be found here. Unless Mark there is a better starting point?

• mirthemirthe Member ✭✭

Thank you both! In the past 2 weeks I did most self guided courses for the first exam, except the IOS parts. I am currently trying to use a virtual mac to enable the IOS emulator. Hoping to do the first exam next week.

@MarkSmith.8123 I see only 2 courses are left for 09:00 CET. I live in this timezone, and all other courses are given at 04:00 CET. I noted the 'request time' option, however I feel a bit burdened to just request all classes for myself assuming given the deadline the popularity might drop. Worst case I need to wake at 03:00 CET to prepare ;). Any advise on this?

• MarkSmith.8123MarkSmith.8123 USXamarin Team, University, XamUProfessors Xamurai

@mirthe - definitely check what's available in SGL now; we published almost all of the cert-required courses on Jan. 1st.

@SamirAdadow -- can you provide more details on future class offerings in her timezone?

Happy New Year!
    mark

• SamirAdadowSamirAdadow USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team, University Xamurai

@mirthe A whole host of new classes (including all of the classes needed for the Xamarin Certified Mobile Developer badge) were added for both 9am CET as well as 5pm CET. I recommend checking the schedule again now.

As Mark said, we generally only schedule a few weeks in advance. Please let us know if that works well for you. We actively monitor all class requests.

• mirthemirthe Member ✭✭

Thank you both! I subscribed to all required classes at 9am CET. Looking forward to attend them. I wish you all a happy new year!

• Xami3Xami3 PKMember, University ✭✭✭

Hi again,

i am done with the Xamarin Professional Certification Progress self learning classes. i cant take the exam because i have a free account but not subscription (which is ok for now).

yesterday i got a notification that there are more free self learning courses. when i click on "Start now" on any of them, i am getting an exception. Please have a look.

• MommMomm USMember ✭✭✭

@Xami3 said:
    Hi again,

i am done with the Xamarin Professional Certification Progress self learning classes. i cant take the exam because i have a free account but not subscription (which is ok for now).

yesterday i got a notification that there are more free self learning courses. when i click on "Start now" on any of them, i am getting an exception. Please have a look.

Refresh the page and it works magically ;)

Let me know if it helps for you too...