Forum Xamarin.Forms

My app command bar changed its color for no good reason

dpreznikdpreznik Member ✭✭
edited December 2018 in Xamarin.Forms

A strange thing happened to my application. The main window command bar (the one with minimize and maximize buttons) from common gray became black. The buttons stayed gray. I don't think I did anything to cause this.
Could you please give me any idea what did this and how to change this back?

Answers

• ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

I can't reproduce this issue , It will helpful to post the screenshot and the version information here .

• dpreznikdpreznik Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018

@ColeX said:
    I can't reproduce this issue , It will helpful to post the screenshot and the version information here .

I use Visual Studio 2017.
    Here it is:

I can change it like this:

var titleBar = ApplicationView.GetForCurrentView().TitleBar;
                    titleBar.BackgroundColor = Colors.White;

But it used to be white without any code before:

If you select Title Bars and enable Light Mode , the command bar color will be affected with the system theme Color.

Have you updated the OS recently ?

Try unselecting Title bars to see if problem persists.

@ColeX said:
    If you select Title Bars and enable Light Mode , the command bar color will be affected with the system theme Color.

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. Could you please tell where I can see these settings?
    And no, I did not change operating system. Though I could have updated Visual Studio.

The > @dpreznik said:

@ColeX said:

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. Could you please tell where I can see these settings?
    And no, I did not change operating system. Though I could have updated Visual Studio.

Setting -> Personalization -> Colors

@ColeX said:
    Setting -> Personalization -> Colors

But how can I get to Settings?

See the screen shot

@ColeX said:
    See the screen shot

Oh, I did not realized you were talking about Windows settings...
    But I have never changed it, so it is still unclear why it happened. Thank you anyway.