Forum Xamarin.Forms

My app command bar changed its color for no good reason

dpreznikdpreznik Member ✭✭
edited December 2018 in Xamarin.Forms

A strange thing happened to my application. The main window command bar (the one with minimize and maximize buttons) from common gray became black. The buttons stayed gray. I don't think I did anything to cause this.
Could you please give me any idea what did this and how to change this back?

Answers

  • ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

    I can't reproduce this issue , It will helpful to post the screenshot and the version information here .

  • dpreznikdpreznik Member ✭✭
    edited December 2018

    @ColeX said:
    I can't reproduce this issue , It will helpful to post the screenshot and the version information here .

    I use Visual Studio 2017.
    Here it is:

    I can change it like this:

                    var titleBar = ApplicationView.GetForCurrentView().TitleBar;
                    titleBar.BackgroundColor = Colors.White;
    

    But it used to be white without any code before:

  • ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

    If you select Title Bars and enable Light Mode , the command bar color will be affected with the system theme Color.

    Have you updated the OS recently ?

    Try unselecting Title bars to see if problem persists.

  • dpreznikdpreznik Member ✭✭

    @ColeX said:
    If you select Title Bars and enable Light Mode , the command bar color will be affected with the system theme Color.

    Hi,

    Thank you for your answer. Could you please tell where I can see these settings?
    And no, I did not change operating system. Though I could have updated Visual Studio.

  • ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

    The > @dpreznik said:

    @ColeX said:
    If you select Title Bars and enable Light Mode , the command bar color will be affected with the system theme Color.

    Hi,

    Thank you for your answer. Could you please tell where I can see these settings?
    And no, I did not change operating system. Though I could have updated Visual Studio.

    Setting -> Personalization -> Colors

  • dpreznikdpreznik Member ✭✭

    @ColeX said:
    Setting -> Personalization -> Colors

    But how can I get to Settings?

  • ColeXColeX Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

    See the screen shot

  • dpreznikdpreznik Member ✭✭

    @ColeX said:
    See the screen shot

    Oh, I did not realized you were talking about Windows settings...
    But I have never changed it, so it is still unclear why it happened. Thank you anyway.

Sign In or Register to comment.