Image Performance in Xamarin forms

Hi Everyone. I'm working with an Application which deals with a lot of Images from Server. Sometimes (I thought due to less memory but it's the same in all devices) the images are not showing and getting disappear from the view. I can't understand why it's happening. I have gone through Glidex but unable to install it due to Package conflictions. If anyone knows how to increase the performance of the app which deals with images, please help me.

Any help is appreciated.

Best Answer

• MohammedDastagirMohammedDastagir US ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

@YorkGo Sorry for late replying. I resolved it using FFimageloading package , removed Stack layouts and used absolute and Grid layouts for designs. I've observed around 60%-70% performance improvement in my app

Answers

• GaetanFGaetanF USMember ✭✭✭

It might be related to how you download/save/load/cache them, how you synchronise them with the UI, etc. Try to reproduce the bug and post some code.

• @GaetanF Thanks for your reply. I'm directly downloading them from Url like Img.Source="https://MyDomain.com/1.png".

• YorkGoYorkGo CNMember, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@MohammedDastagir,

you could use some third-party library which implements Image loading, caching... quite well like FFImageLoading.

Image loading, caching & transforming library for Xamarin and Windows

Library to load images quickly & easily on Xamarin.iOS, Xamarin.Android, Xamarin.Forms, Xamarin.Mac / Xamarin.Tizen and Windows (UWP, WinRT).

@MohammedDastagir , is there any updates regarding this issue?

• MohammedDastagirMohammedDastagir USMember ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

@YorkGo Sorry for late replying. I resolved it using FFimageloading package , removed Stack layouts and used absolute and Grid layouts for designs. I've observed around 60%-70% performance improvement in my app

@MohammedDastagir , glad to hear that. happy coding. :)