Xamarin starter installation end in Blue Screen of Death???

GonomicsGonomics NLMember

I just tried to do an initial install of Xamarin starter edition. After installing most of the components and after about 15 minutes my PC got into a BSOD. I have never experienced a BSOD in Windows 7 in general and certainly not on my PC. I have searched the forum but it seems a BSOD caused by Xamarin installation is very rare. Does anybody else have had this problem and can you share youre experiences? As it is now I will delete all Xamarin stuff from my computer and will only touch it again If I have some clue as to what caused this. Pitty! PS: I realize probably much more detail is needed to enable people to help me, but first I want to know in general if anybody has ever experienced Xamarin related BSOD's. Tia!

Answers

• StephenGrahamStephenGraham GBMember ✭✭
    edited June 2015

I installed Xamarin started edition about three weeks ago, and since then my PC has been crashing with a BSOD every one or two days. I stopped using the Android Player as this seemed to have a detrimental affect on my PC, so now I only use the Android Emulator but this hasn't stopped the BSODs. My PC runs Window 8 and in the 2.5 years I have had this PC I had only one BSOD previously. My PC runs many other services/programs (SQL Server, Intersystems Caché, Skype etc.) so it can be difficult to track down the cause - but I have almost certainly confirmed Xamarin Studio as the culprit because it is always running when the BSOD crash occurs. Today when I started Xamarin Studio the BSOD occurred just after I clicked the Xamarin shortcut but before the Xamarin Studio IDE appeared. Does anyone have a clue as to how to fix this? Thanks for the help.

P.S. My PC has a quad core i7 CPU with 8 logical cores, 8GB of RAM and 2TB of disk space of which only 25% is used, so I'm sure that my PC isn't short of resources, though I must admit Xamarin Studio does run slowly on my PC (it's the only program that does).

BSOD crash error is:- PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (ndis.sys)