App Store Connect Rejection - citing method names that we haven't actually used

CaptainXamtasticCaptainXamtastic GBUniversity ✭✭✭

Hi,

I just uploaded the iOS app to the AppStoreConnect using Application Loader (for a TestFlight run) and lo and behold got the following rejection notice, I haven't used any of those method names, and ideas?

Kind regards!

Dear Developer,

We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app, "Smart Event". Please correct the following issues, then upload again.

Non-public API usage:

The app references non-public selectors in SMSApp.iOS: applicationWillTerminate, setOrientation:animated:, terminateWithSuccess
If method names in your source code match the private Apple APIs listed above, altering your method names will help prevent this app from being flagged in future submissions. In addition, note that one or more of the above APIs may be located in a static library that was included with your app. If so, they must be removed.

Best Answers

Answers

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@CaptainXamtastic said:
    Hi,

I just uploaded the iOS app to the AppStoreConnect using Application Loader (for a TestFlight run) and lo and behold got the following rejection notice, I haven't used any of those method names, and ideas?

Kind regards!

Dear Developer,

We identified one or more issues with a recent delivery for your app, "Smart Event". Please correct the following issues, then upload again.

Non-public API usage:

The app references non-public selectors in SMSApp.iOS: applicationWillTerminate, setOrientation:animated:, terminateWithSuccess
    If method names in your source code match the private Apple APIs listed above, altering your method names will help prevent this app from being flagged in future submissions. In addition, note that one or more of the above APIs may be located in a static library that was included with your app. If so, they must be removed.

Have you added any new or updated any existing nuget packages in this release?

• CaptainXamtasticCaptainXamtastic GBUniversity ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

I forgot to search for a resolution before asking the question, sorry!

The solution is to comment out Xamarin.Calabash.Start(); in AppDelegate and remove the TestCloud package.

As per https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/41360/issue-with-deploying-to-itunes-connect

• CaptainXamtasticCaptainXamtastic GBUniversity ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

@JohnHair said:

Thanks John, my resolution was as above, but thanks for commenting - this was my first upload!

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

@CaptainXamtastic said:

@JohnHair said:

Thanks John, my resolution was as above, but thanks for commenting - this was my first upload!

No problem, I have Liked your reply as you came back with the answer and that might help others!