Xamarin Profiler, unable to take snapshot

BushbertBushbert Member ✭✭✭

When I start a new session with just the allocation instrument. When it loads it just gets stuck on reading data in the status bar (see screenshot). When I press the snapshot button nothing happens, well the button greys out but it doesn't appear to anything. I can see some errors in the log(attached) but don't know what the cause is.

I have tried on a device and on the simulator. (IOS)

Thanks

Answers

• PelkmansMarkPelkmansMark USMember ✭✭

Bushbert did you found a solution for this already? I have the same behaviour. Profiler does not work for me. I don't know if it is related, the available instruments only contains: "Allocations" and "Time profiler". https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/tools/profiler/?tabs=windows shows more instruments.

• RodrigoMoyaRodrigoMoya ESXamarin Team Xamurai

Indeed, with latest changes in Mono runtime (which xamarin.ios includes), this was broken, and unfortunately there is no workaround. But good news! we have a fix, and are testing it internally, so should be published soon

• jj_ptjj_pt Member ✭✭

Hi Rodrigo, Did the above issue resolved and the latest version already available? I am using Xamarin Profiler (1.6.4-33) from VS for Mac (8.0.1) and getting this behavior.