Forum Xamarin.iOS

Issue binding 3rd party library. Singleton property always returns null.

This is the first time I've attempted to bind a static library into a project and its likely I'm overlooking something straight forward. I am using Belkin's WeMo SDK for iOS (http://developers.belkin.com/wemo/sdk) and was able to successfully create my binding project, bring in the four libraries associated with the SDK and get it to build (which involved the removal of the ForceLoad = true parameter in the LinkWith. I used Objective Sharpie to generate my binding code and then make some minor changes to simplify. Now when I attempt to call the singleton instance proper on the WeMoDiscoveryManager, it always return null and I have no debugging information that explains why. I have a native Xcode project configured to do the exact same calls and it works just fine. Attached is my Solution for reference. Any help is much appreciated. If I cannot get this working I'm likely going to have to stick with native iOS to complete my effort.

• valdeterovaldetero USInsider, University ✭✭

Did you ever get this working?

• No, but I have not tried in a while so not sure if the latest releases have addressed this or not.

• TnagTnag USMember ✭✭

I understand that this post is old, but here I am, almost 5 years later, with the exact same problem. The binding appears to be fine. The project builds successfully, I've added all of the dependencies. But as soon as the line of code invoking the singleton is executed, my app crashes.

Did either of you get it to work?

• StefanFaustStefanFaust Member ✭✭

Hi @Tnag
    Did you find solution? I have same problem with binding.