Cannot add new page to xamarin.forms project in vs17.

I have xamarin.forms project downloaded from azure demo(todo list). I can add class or page to .droid and .ios projects, but not to .myapp. Even if i copy files to the .myapp manually then they automatically go to .droid. Any ideas how to fix that, or it is how it should be?

Answers

• jezhjezh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

What page do you want to add ? And what problem have you encountered?

• Panda_ACPanda_AC Member ✭✭
    I just want to add blank xaml page to be as main page for android and ios instead of todolist page.If I add page to .droid, it will work only on android same thing with ios.So I have to add page to .myapp, but when i right click on .myapp, add new..., "class" shows grey and I cannot tap it.How can I add blank xaml page to .forms project?
  • jezhjezh Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

Under normal circumstances, this will not happen.
    What's the xamarin.forms project that you downloaded? Could you post the link of the xamarin.forms project?

• AnubhavRanjanAnubhavRanjan INXamarin Team Xamurai

@Panda_AC Can you share the Project link as well as a screenshot of the Solution Explorer?
    Are you using this sample?
    https://developer.xamarin.com/samples/xamarin-forms/WebServices/TodoAzure/

I have just downloaded the demo from your link, still the same problem + 4 warnings appeared, but don't think they relate to the problem (cannot tap Class.. button).The screenshot.

• RylaRyla Member ✭✭

Do you share an error?

Haven't solved this yet.
  • IrongutIrongut Member ✭✭✭

You're using the wrong window. Try using the Solution Explorer, not the Class View.