Duplicate Reference Makes Project Build Error?

Hi, my project reference Mono.Android.Support.v4 and works fine.
When I addon the component ZXing.Net.Mobile to project, I can't build and got error message:

Error 9 Exception while loading assemblies: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load assembly 'Xamarin.Android.Support.v4, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken='. Perhaps it doesn't exist in the Mono for Android profile?
filename: 'Xamarin.Android.Support.v4.dll'
from Xamarin.Android.Tuner.DirectoryAssemblyResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameReference reference, ReaderParameters parameters)
from Xamarin.Android.Tasks.ResolveAssemblies.AddAssemblyReferences(List`1 assemblies, AssemblyDefinition assembly, Boolean topLevel)

from Xamarin.Android.Tasks.ResolveAssemblies.Execute() Test_Project

I think it might be the ZXing.Net.Mobile component reference the same one (Mono.Android.Support.v4) so I can't build,
but I can't remove the reference from ZXing.Net.Mobile.

anyone can help me figure this out or experience for solving this situation?
Thanks.

• germosonnergermosonner TWMember

I do some tests:
    1. Remove ZXing.Net.Mobile component but keep Android.Support.v4 , I can build successful.
    2. add ZXing.Net.Mobile again, build fail, the error still appear.

Thanks.

• MircoCortecchia.7167MircoCortecchia.7167 ITUniversity ✭✭

same problem here

• SebastianSeidel.9226SebastianSeidel.9226 DEInsider, University ✭✭✭✭

I answered a simular question in the Android forum. forums.xamarin.com/discussion/comment/46845/#Comment_46845

Basically the Xamarin.Android.Support.v4 and Mono.Android.Support.v4 libraries are identical and this leads to the mentioned build errors.

• germosonnergermosonner TWMember

I solve the problem.
    I download all used libraries and check theirs reference, it should be some libraries used an older Mono.Android.Support.V4, change them to Xamarin.Android.Support.V4 with no issues when build all.