Forum Cross Platform with Xamarin

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Changing the encoding of a video created by plugin Media

We are using James Montemagno Plugin.Media NuGet package to create a video file to be sent to a web server. Creating and sending the file is fine, great and well on Android and most iOS devices but when we use this app on iPhones 8 and up, due to the change in encoding from h.264 to h.265, the videos sent by the app using those devices cannot be view on our web browser.

Is there a way to convert the MediaFIle generated from the plugin to whatever iOS uses to create/store videos in so I can change the encoding from h.265 to h.264 and convert it back to a MediaFile?

Best Answers

• PbartPbart Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

For those that read this question. I followed LandLu suggestion and was able to do the codec conversion on the browser side using NReco.VideoConverter nuget plugin.

Answers

• PbartPbart Member ✭✭

That is the backup plan for if/when I can't change the encoding in the app. Any recommendations for plugins or places to start?

• PbartPbart Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

For those that read this question. I followed LandLu suggestion and was able to do the codec conversion on the browser side using NReco.VideoConverter nuget plugin.

• AyhamNasserAyhamNasser LBMember ✭✭

Hi @Pbart How I can use NReco.VideoConverter in xamarin.android project
    Thanks in advance