Failed to install app... Simulator does not support any of the architectures

knudmtknudmt ✭✭Member ✭✭

Mac OS: Mojave
Xamarin.UITest 2.2.6
Xamarin.TestCloudAgent 0.21.7
Xcode 10.1 (10B61)

I can run the the iOS and android application just fine. Yet booting up just a simple Repl() test is now throwing a deviceAgentException.
I have seen a few threads around this, but with no concrete solution.

Xamarin.UITest.XDB.Exceptions.DeviceAgentException : Failed to install app /Users/myUser/Projects/company/src/libs/Itx.iOS/bin/iPhoneSimulator/Debug/device-builds/iphone9.1-12.1/Itx.iOS.app

ExitCode: 1

-c,--codesign-identity  <codesign-identifier> [OPTIONAL]    Identity used to codesign app bundle [device only]. Deprecated - should use profile path.   DEFAULT=
    -d,--device-id  <device-identifier> iOS Simulator GUID, 40-digit physical device ID, or an alias
    -f,--force  <force-reinstall-app> [OPTIONAL]    Reinstall the app if the device contains an older version than the bundle specified DEFAULT=0
    -i,--resources-path <resources-path> [OPTIONAL]     Path to resources (executables) to inject into app directory. A list of colon separated files may be specified.
    -p,--profile-path   <profile-path> [OPTIONAL]   Path to provisioning profile
install <app-path>

App com.company.portal is not installed on 6326B2B2-92B0-430F-AE6B-F9206CB85D09
Error installing application: Error Domain=com.facebook.FBSimulatorControl Code=0 "Simulator does not support any of the architectures ([x86_64]) of the executable at /Users/myUser/Projects/company/src/libs/company.iOS/bin/iPhoneSimulator/Debug/device-builds/iphone9.1-12.1/Itx.iOS.app/.iOS. Simulator Archs ([(null)])" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Simulator does not support any of the architectures ([x86_64]) of the executable at /Users/myUser/Projects/company/src/libs/Itx.iOS/bin/iPhoneSimulator/Debug/device-builds/iphone9.1-12.1/company.iOS.app/company.iOS. Simulator Archs ([(null)])}

Tagged:

Best Answer

• knudmtknudmt ✭✭ ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

This may have been an issue with updates to iOS libraries. Runs on the build server fine, but just not locally and only after updating xcode. Also there seems to be an issue with MASL and iOS at the moment. so I'm going to close this thread.

Answers

• knudmtknudmt ✭✭ Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer

This may have been an issue with updates to iOS libraries. Runs on the build server fine, but just not locally and only after updating xcode. Also there seems to be an issue with MASL and iOS at the moment. so I'm going to close this thread.