ARCore with Xamarin

ShimmyWeitzhandlerShimmyWeitzhandler ✭✭✭USMember ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm reading this blog post, and I'm not sure how to get the system to work.

I only want to use ARCore in the emulator, I have VS 2017 (15.8.8) and latest Xamarin tools installed.
Is Android Studio required to get ARCore to work?
I just want to experiment with ARCore so I prefer not install extra software for it.

Any guide to make ARCore work with Xamarin on VS 2017?

Answers

• BillyLiuBillyLiu Xamurai Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@ShimmyWeitzhandler

I'm not sure how to get the system to work.

What's error or problem do you meet?

Is Android Studio required to get ARCore to work?

No.

I think you may need the following link:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49162567/implementing-arcore-with-xamarin

• ShimmyWeitzhandlerShimmyWeitzhandler ✭✭✭ USMember ✭✭✭

Hi and thanks for your reply!

I've cloned the projects in this address, and I'm trying to build them using the instructions here, but I can't find build.ps1.

I tried running the HelloAR project from within VS but I get the following errors:

The "CreateLibraryResourceArchive" task failed unexpectedly.
    Xamarin.Tools.Zip.ZipIOException: File ..\externals\arcore.aar does not exist and file creation wasn't requested
    at Xamarin.Tools.Zip.ZipArchive.Open(String path, FileMode mode, String defaultExtractionDir, Boolean >strictConsistencyChecks, IPlatformOptions options)
    at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.CreateLibraryResourceArchive.Execute()
    at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()
    at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.d__26.MoveNext() Google.ARCore C:\Program >Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\MSBuild\Xamarin\Android\Xamarin.Android.Bindings.targets 521

And

CS1566: Error reading resource 'obj.jar' -- 'Could not find a part of the path 'D:\Users\Shimmy\Source\Repos\XamarinComponents\Android\ARCore\externals\obj.jar'.' JavaGL D:\Users\Shimmy\Source\Repos\XamarinComponents\Android\ARCore\samples\JavaGL\CSC

• dmarneldmarnel Member

Same issue here because the cake.build file fails to download the required files. I had to edit the 'https' out of the error message URLs because I haven't been a member here long enough to post links I guess:

Error downloading 'XamarinComponent.1.1.0.65' from '(edited)://api.nuget.org/v3-flatcontainer/xamarincomponent/1.1.0.65/xamarincomponent.1.1.0.65.nupkg'.
    crypt32.dll

Error downloading 'XamarinComponent.1.1.0.65' from '(edited)://api.nuget.org/v3-flatcontainer/xamarincomponent/1.1.0.65/xamarincomponent.1.1.0.65.nupkg'.
    crypt32.dll

Install failed. Rolling back...

• rpelavinrpelavin Member

Same issue here.