Forum Xamarin.Forms
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Application can not open when change the datetime in android device?

REJAHREJAH Member ✭✭✭

Whenever I change the device date from current date to previous two days then application not open.and if application already open in current date and change the date in same time it shows 'chain validation failed'.please anyone help me in this regards.Thanks in advance.

Answers

• BillyLiuBillyLiu Member, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@REJAH

Could you share some more information? For example, a demo project could reproduce this issue.

• JamesLaveryJamesLavery GBBeta, University ✭✭✭✭✭
    As @BillyLiu says, please post full details of the error. The more details and context we have, the easier it is for us to help you.
  • REJAHREJAH Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2018

while i change the datetime or month from current to back date all app what i developed can not be open or initiated. but i set the future date it works perfectly. why i caused i don't know please help.thnks for replay @BillyLiu and @JamesLavery

• JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity admin
    edited November 2018

@REJAH - Are you using HockeyApp, MobileCenter etc.?

I've had a quick play with this today, and have seen the same thing when starting an app on Android. Shows the splash screen and then hangs. Unfortunately, it hasn't done it when using the debugger, and it doesn't happen every time. Unfortunately, I'm out of time today and probably won't be able to look at this again for another week.

My suspicion, and that's all it is, is that some interaction with another component (I'm thinking HockeyApp, but could be wrong) results in a deadlock, livelock, or simply a race condition when the device's date/time is moved into the past. As we have just changed from summer time to winter time (a change of daylight saving time), I wonder if it might somehow relate to that - possibly a local time to/from UTC conversion problem. That's just a suspicion - if I had time, that's where I'd start investigating.

cc. @BillyLiu @JamesLavery

A few version numbers for reference:
    Xamarin.Forms version="3.2.0.839982"
    Xamarin.Android.Support.* version="27.0.2.1"
    HockeySDK.Xamarin version="5.1.2"
    Microsoft.Azure.Mobile.Client version="4.0.2"