Windows Form

KorlarlardanKorlarlardan Member ✭✭

Can we develop desktop applications with Xamarin.
If we can upgrade, which versions of Windows can run?

Posts

  • AlessandroCaliaroAlessandroCaliaro ITMember ✭✭✭✭✭

    I think you can create UWP applications with Xamarin Forms

  • KorlarlardanKorlarlardan Member ✭✭

    @AlessandroCaliaro said:
    I think you can create UWP applications with Xamarin Forms

    I'm gonna start for a comprehensive project. I'd appreciate it if you gave me a clear answer.

  • KorlarlardanKorlarlardan Member ✭✭

    @AlessandroCaliaro said:
    I think you can create UWP applications with Xamarin Forms

    I actually had to resort to xamarin manufacturers, but I couldn't find a link.

  • AlessandroCaliaroAlessandroCaliaro ITMember ✭✭✭✭✭

    Xamarin.Forms exposes a complete cross-platform UI toolkit for .NET developers. Build fully native Android, iOS, and Universal Windows Platform apps using C# in Visual Studio.

    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/xamarin-forms/

  • KorlarlardanKorlarlardan Member ✭✭

    Which version supports up to?

    For example, does it support windows 7?

  • JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod

    @Korlarlardan said:

    Which version supports up to?

    For example, does it support windows 7?

    UWP requires Windows 10

  • NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University mod
    edited November 2018

    @Korlarlardan said:

    Which version supports up to?

    For example, does it support windows 7?

    If you want to support Windows7 you can target the WPF runtime to render your app.

    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/xamarin-forms/platform/wpf

    Use UWP support to target Windows 10.

    Depends how complicated your app is, you'll need to do some R&D and see if the out of the box vanilla Xamarin Forms controls will meet your needs.

  • JohnHardmanJohnHardman GBUniversity mod

    @NMackay said:
    If you want to support Windows7 you can target the WPF runtime to render your app.

    WPF support is still in preview according to the documentation. In practice, what sort of state is it in?

  • NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University mod

    @JohnHardman said:

    @NMackay said:
    If you want to support Windows7 you can target the WPF runtime to render your app.

    WPF support is still in preview according to the documentation. In practice, what sort of state is it in?

    I don't know but it's the only realistic option if you want to run a Forms app in Windows 7. It's not something I've been asked to do but technically it's possible, I saw another project to make Xamarin run in Winforms but thought that was a bit of a wacky concept, it hadn't been updated for a while.

Sign In or Register to comment.