Xamarin.Mac linker behavior, AppStore validation rejected

hadihashemhadihashem Member ✭✭
edited October 2018 in Xamarin.iOS

Hello

After updating to the last version of VS for Mac (7.6.10 b27) including latest version of Xamarin.Mac (5.0.0.0), I've released a new version of my app to Appstore, but it is getting rejected with the same error

1. 3 Performance: Accurate Metadata (macOS)
    Guideline 2.3 - Performance
    Your app does not achieve the core functionality described in your marketing materials or release notes.
    Specifically, the app still quits on launch.
    No error message was produced. The Dock icon bounces in the dock for a second, disappears, and then nothing more appears to occur.

This error is not showing up when I run or install the App on my MacOS
I'm using the latest version of MacOS 10.13.6

Compared to the release before of my App which have been approved by Apple (in Aug 2018), nothing changed in the App code except a label text change

I tried the following scenarios already with the mentionned results:

1) Compile without linking and without using mmp arguments => immediate rejection by email before submitting the app release (error message: Deprecated API Usage - Apple no longer accepts submissions of apps that use QuickTime or QTKit APIs.)

2) Compile using mmp argument --linkplatform (without linking, SDK linking then full linking) => all lead to the same result, which is App rejection by Apple

Can you please help to identify the problem and solve it?

Many thanks

Regards

• ChrisHamonsChrisHamons USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

That is strange, did you get any more details back (crash log?) from the reviewer?

• Have you tried compiling with xcode 94 vs xcode 10 and testing locally?
    • Have you tried running on 10.14, 10.13, etc?

Beyond offering such variations, I'm not sure what you expect without more information. I understand it is frustrating, but there is insufficient information for anyone here to make even a reasonable guess.

• hadihashemhadihashem Member ✭✭

Hi @ChrisHamons
    I'm one step forward now
    I upgraded to MacOS and when I run my App I get the same result as App Store Approval Center
    I digged deeper, I use a PCL project in my solution and the issue is somewhere within the main XAML page
    Running the solution again in Visual Studio shows an exception with void UpdateTitle() which I'm unable to catch for now
    I attached the related infos and stracktrace
    I hope you can help me to identify the problem
    Many thanks and regards

• ChrisHamonsChrisHamons USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai
    edited November 2018

All of that code is in Xamarin.Forms.

Unfortunately, I do not know much about that stack. I would suggest isolating your issue to a simple test case and filing it here:

https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Forms/issues/new

• hadihashemhadihashem Member ✭✭

Actually Xamarin.Forms v 3.3.0.967583 which was released yesterday solved the problem
    Now my App is approved by Apple again :-)